Candid Home Inspection Service provides a thorough report of what we can see in your potential home. Essentially, we look at each home from the top down. Our goal is to provide information on everything we can see and to equip you with knowledge moving forward. Below are the categories we view.
Exterior Components :
- Landscaping – its effects on the foundation.
- Siding, trim, exterior and storm windows -general condition of each.
- Roof, chimney, flashing, valleys-evidence of water penetration, materials, conditions.
- Gutters, downspouts-general condition, inform of effects of dampness in basement and its ability to carry off rainwater.
- Driveways, patios, decks, porches-general condition.
Interior Components :
- Walls, floors, ceilings, windows–General condition of each.
- Plumbing systems–All visible fixtures, pipes and drains tested for operation.
- Electrical systems–utside entrance wiring, service panel, visible wiring, and testing outlets.
- Heating/Cooling systems–Visible portion of system and components.
- Attic–Visible roof sheathing, ventilation, insulation and framing.
- Basement–Foundation integrity and evidence of moisture penetration.